We all love our dogs, but inevitably they can occur an accident in the house anytime by peeing anywhere. There is a strong smell of dried urine & it’s difficult to get rid of. Urine smell from dogs can ruin the most beautiful home, but there is no need to panic because there are some methods of overcome the smell of dog urine.
If you are a dog owner, then you should take care of this problem, because urine smell very bad after just 2-3 weeks, the unsuspecting dog owner can become completely desensitized to the smell, without realizing how offensive it really is to visiting friends and guests.
Solution For Dog Urine Smell
- If you see your dog has peed on floor, then immediately put a few drops of green dish detergent & water on the area, & then place any towel over it & step on it so that it can absorb as much as possible.
- You should put dogs out frequently. It may be tiresome but you will be able to save yourself a lot of time and effort. You need to train your dog that every time he pees, it should be gone outside. This will help you a long way to preventing dog urine.
- You can take a bowl of warm water, then put a few drops of mild soap in it, after that, use a towel to wipe the wet spot with the soapy water, blotting with a towel.
- If you see a wet spot, then sprinkle it with baking soda & let it sit overnight. When the patch dries overnight, you can spray it with distilled white vinegar.
What you should not use to clean up dog pee
- You should know that bleach is harmful to breathe, also it’s very toxic for your dog. Bleach can help to disinfect, but it won’t destroy the odor of dog pee.
- You should not use ammonia in this work, because it will make smell worse. Also never consider of mixing ammonia & bleach because it is extremely dangerous.
In the end, you have to remember that accident can happen, but there is always a way to bring your home back to a nice place.
Emily Anna is a dog lover who is studying Veterinary Nursing and Bioveterinary Science at University of Bristol. She is a regular author of this blog & also a former author of Lucky Pet Dogs and One Dog Day Care.