We sometimes don’t notice age factors of our lovely loyal dogs. As with mankind, advanced years frequently bring changes in a dog’s capability to hear, see and move about quickly. As time goes by dogs will express different needs. Puppies demand energetic and adolescents. Adult dogs are eager and self-assured. Also, skin illness, appetite, and energy levels repeatedly degrade with geriatric age, and renal failure with other signs of old age can appear.
Like human relationships, ups and downs are guaranteed throughout your years together, but we need to know what to expect that will put you one step ahead of the pack.In dog’s life, they will:
- Upsetting the owner: They will upset you or frustrate you. Housetraining is not a picnic, nor is cleaning up vomit.Sometimes you may find your slippers chewed up.Even if your puppy never
- Surprising the owner: Sometimes they act weird which will astonish you but their weirdness makes them more adorable.You will be just astonished by your adolescent dog’s endless desire to please you.
- Bringing incredible joy: They don’t care whether you made your sales goals or how good you look, your dog is thrilled simply to be around you and they will demonstrate those feelings on a regular basis.
- Grief: No matter how long they live, saying goodbye to a treasured friend is painful.If it weren’t, the relationship wouldn’t be worth it.
How Long every stage lasts
On average, smaller dogs mature faster and live longer than breeds, big dogs mature later and the are
usually known for their shorter spans of adulthood.Every dog develops and ages at his/her own rate.
The following is a rough breakdown of the stages:
- Puppyhood ends between 6 and 18 months of age.
- Adolescence starts between 6 and 18 months of age
- Adulthood starts between 12 months and three years of age.
- The senior year begins between 6 and 10 years of age.
Things to keep in mind about dog ages
Dogs are as individual as people.If you treat your dog with love and respect he/ she deserves, what you can count on in return is adoration.